Saturday, February 20, 2010

Winter Break

Last week (2/15 - 2/19) I was off of school due to winter break. Before the break started I had visions of all the grand adventures I would have with James & Molly: sledding, playing in the snow, field trips to the library, day trips to Boston Museums...oh it was going to be wonderful and I could hardly wait for the vacation to begin!

Lucky me, I got to start the vacation early on Friday the 12th...Molly had a fever and was not acting her usual cheery self. Come to find out she had an ear infection and of course James wasn't acting quite himself either.


Long story short; alas, my visions for an adventure-filled winter break were not to be. Not wanting to "share the love" with everyone, we quarantined ourselves to the house. We spent the week wiping runny noses, taking cough syrup, and recovering from the ailments of winter.

But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy myself! What's the old adage: a day at home tending sick kids beats a good day at New London High School?????
Our week was filled with sleeping in and lazy mornings in bed...





Sometimes we didn't get dressed until noon. It was awesome!

Fort building...




Puzzles...




reading stories....




and of course painting...and no painting session is complete without painting yourself.




Even though we didn't get to do any of the adventures I had originally planned, it was still a very enjoyable break. I even accomplished some of the tasks on my list: mainly getting all of our tax paperwork together and doing laundry. Boring I know, but it has to be done!



And now I'm counting down the days until spring break...

2 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

Sorry you were sick, but glad you enojoyed your break anyway! Are you meaning to say that normal people get dressed before noon? I'll have to keep that in mind... ;)

Q said...

Sometimes these are the best kind of vacation, so you don't need a vacation to recover from your vacation! Looks like the kids had fun even though you stayed at home.