Saturday, October 17, 2009

Waterfire and Hair cuts


In an effort to get out and experience the local happenings (we tend to become hermits during the school year) last weekend we took a jaunt up to Providence, RI with some friends to see the Waterfire. In a nutshell, the city of Providence lights bonfires after sunset on the three rivers that run through the city. They have a fair of sorts at the mouth of the river and then music is playing along the river walk. For a small fee, you can rent a gondola and enjoy the fires "Venice" style. The lighting of these fires starts in the early spring and goes on throuout the summer and fall. Unbeknown to us, we chose to go on the last night, so of course it was VERY crowded, but enjoyable none the less. It was a bit colder than we would have liked, but now we know to go in the summer next year.













Steve, James, and Lacy all received "Duncan" haircuts. James wanted me to get a "Duncan" haircut too, but I politely declined citing that only licensed professionals knew how to make my hair look the best.



I took Molly with me on an 8 mile run one saturday morning. The leaves were just beautiful. I only wish I could capture their beauty with the camera.












8 comments:

KCJaques said...

Molly ran eight miles? Good for her! Just kidding. Those leaves look gorgeous, i'm a little jealous. We drove through Sardine Canyon today and we missed the peak colors. OH well. Still love fall with my cardigans. Miss you!!

Jessica 7 said...

I've never heard of Waterfire. We'll have to try to check it out next year - it looked really cool!

Kimo said...

Wow! So cool! If you go again next Summer, let us know - we would love to join you . . . for the Waterfire - not the haircuts.

Cyndi and Logan said...

Good for Molly running eight miles, maybe she can train for the next marathon with us!! :) Love the fall colors. They are not as gorgeous here. The waterfires remind me of in New Moon when Bella sees Victoria floating in the water, cheesy, I know and really I am not that obsessed!!

Q said...

Way to get out, I'm finding myself becoming hermitish here too! Love the pictures of the area, fall colors are my favorite.

Steve said...

As i recall, you said i could shave your head too!

Trisha said...

Love you fall pictures. The firewater looks fun! Cute kiddies! Im glad we havnt lost you to the schoolyear.

Elise said...

Thanks for the Waterfire tip - sounds totally fun. And love those autumn leaf pics!