Friday, June 11, 2010

The Merry Month of May

Despite the lack of postings in May, it was quite a busy month for us.

It started with the 1st Annual New London Dance Show on May 14th. Some how I got roped into performing in the staff number...as you can tell by the pictures of our practices, my "amazing" dance abilities were on display for the whole New London Community to enjoy. Oh don't worry, a video will be posted later...




While Molly and I were at the dance show, Steve and James enjoyed a guy weekend and went on the father and son campout with our ward.

Mother's day was wonderful with an awesome present of a trash can holder and a gift card for a pedicure. We bought the trash can holder unfinished and Steve did an BEAUTIFUL job staining and painting it. Steve could not fathom why I wanted this trash can holder. Well, let me tell you, all my friends who have seen it think its just wonderful and want one for themselves. I think it's a woman thing to want to cover up the ugly trash can that won't fit under your sink.




Next came a bittersweet event on May 22nd: Steve graduated! Sweet because we have waited 3 long years for this moment and it finally came...yeah we survived art school! And bitter because we are thinking: Now what???



Then came May 24th. I went up to Boston to fight a traffic ticket I got (that's another story!)...I won, then spent the next hour driving around Boston trying to get home! Steve has a much better sense of direction than I do. When I FINALLY got home, we received a call that James had fallen and hurt his leg. He was helping a little girl off a stepping stool when he fell and hit his shin on a rock. When we picked him up, we thought he had simply bruised his leg because there wasn't any swelling or anything. So we spent the evening running errands. Every once in a while James would cry about his leg but I was still convinced he was fine. Finally, around 10:00 that night Steve took James to the ER. James had fractured his leg. Yeah, I felt like a horrible mom! Anywho, he got a cast and is doing MUCH better.




May 25th was our 10th Anniversary...it kinda went uncelebrated as we focused our attention on James and his leg....



Finally Memorial Day came and we spent a lovely day with some friends enjoying the wonderful weather and of course: BBQ!

2 comments:

Q said...

Sounds like a busy month. I can appreciate the garbage can cupboard; I especially like the way the garbage can tips out! And I can't wait to see those dance moves! So you are packing up; where are you heading? Good luck!

Jessica 7 said...

Okay - now you're going to have to show us all how you get your groove on. Your trash can holder is the best!!