Sunday, January 31, 2010

Family Time


While out in Utah, I was able to spend a lot of time with my family. It was so good to be with my parents and my sisters and brother. James LOVED being able to play with all of his cousins. My parents raised one boy and 6 girls, so they weren't quite sure what to think of all the grandsons running around their house playing "guns" and other boy games. It was quite a sight to see! I had flown in from CT, my brother drove in from Ohio, and one of my sisters drove in from Colorado. Needless to say, there was a full house on Solena Way. It was good to see my mother's face light up as all of gathered.


I also had the chance to visit with friends while I was there. On Thursday, I reconnected with two friends from high school. Tanya has a little girl Molly's age and Brittany has a boy James's age and a girl Molly's age. We met at The Gateway and had lunch. Afterwards, we took the kids to play at Discovery Gateway, the Children's Museum located there. They had a blast! It was fun to see the 3 little girls interact with each other.


Friday night I got together with Steve's family. It was refreshing to sit and talk with them and laugh like we used to do.



I was a bit nervous flying all by myself with the two kids, but it went off without a hitch. They were awesome little travelers! We had two flights on our way out and they slept through the second flight. On our way home we had 3 flights and they slept through the middle flight. By the time we got home they were experts at getting on and off a plane and running to catch the next flight. Of course James and Molly charmed the stewardesses so we got a lot of extra perks that no one else did: 4 bags of peanuts instead of one, the whole can of soda instead of just a cup, and extra gourmet cookies.



James keeps asking when we are going to go again...hopefully this summer little dude...


3 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

It's so fun to have so many great pictures of a trip when your family is so far away.

Q said...

That sounds like a great time, glad you got to spend it with family! Nice job by your husband as well, I wish I could join you for some hot chocolate in your "new" kitchen.

Unknown said...

I love that you posted the pictures I took of the kids. They are hilarious!! I especially love the one of Molly at the end of the night sucking her thumb!

It was so great seeing you guys. Hopefully you can come out this summer and we can all go swimming!

JUNE 4th Nathan is going swimming. He already has it planned. If we can all make it to that day!