Saturday, April 24, 2010

Time for a new bed...

So I'm lying in bed Saturday morning telling myself that I should get up before the kids do (Steve had already gone to work). Then I hear the following conversation take place in their room:

Molly: James...James...James...

James: (very grumpily) What??

Molly: Watcha doin?

James: (very grumpily) I'm thinking!

Molly: James...James...James...get out James

James: You want to get out?

Molly: (very emphatically) Yeah!

Then I hear some scuffling noises and creaking of the crib.

Molly: James in bed!

James: This is how you get out...

Then I head some more scuffling noises and creaking of the crib...their door opens and both kids walk into my bedroom and James announces very proudly, "I just taught Molly how to get out of her crib!" "Oh, that is so wonderful! You are such a good big brother." And of course James was beaming from ear to ear and Molly was all smiles at her accomplishment. But I was so befuddled as to how, exactly, James got Molly out of her bed, I just had to see for myself.


4 comments:

Kimo said...

Pretty funny! I think you are right... it's time.

Carrie Medford said...

Now just have James teach her how to use a toilet and you're set!

Domestic Goddess said...

I love it!

Jessica 7 said...

What a good big brother - he's totally doing his job! ;) At least he doesn't let her fall!