Sunday, July 3, 2011

The first "real" day of summer




For some reason it just doesn't seem like summer until I take the kids swimming. On June 24th, my sister, Meredith (pictured above...I could NEVER look that glamorous at a swimming pool), and her kids joined us at Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center...the same place where they held the ice skating events for the 2002 Olympics.





The yellow slide was the big hit of the day. Brave Molly was the first to try the slide. The little stinker would push kids the kids in front of her down the slide or out of the way if they didn't go fast enough.


James surprised us all by going down all by himself, all on his own. He's usually a little timid around water, but once he saw Molly go down, he decided he could do it...and backwards!







Check out the video of Noah, James, and Molly going down the slide.





2 comments:

Meredith said...

You are in so much trouble for putting a picture of me in a swimsuit on your blog!! GAG! I will get you back one day, maybe when I start a blog :)

Q said...

I love the fun water parks in Utah and I'm really missing them too! It is definitely a sign of summer to head to the pool.