Sunday, September 13, 2009

James turns 4!

On Thursday, September 10th, James turned 4 years old. We can't believe he is 4 already! We also can't believe what a wonderful son he has been.





First of all, he's 4 so he is full of the infinite wisdom that only 4 year olds have: "Just look it up on the innernet" was his response when I asked him what we should have for dinner one night. When I asked him where he should put his clothes after he took them off he said, "I don't know, let me check my email."



He is also very candid and loves to participate in church: "That's the magazine I read when I go poop!" is what he said when a member of the Primary Presidency held up The Friend Magazine in Sharing Time one sunday. He's also not shy about sharing what he thinks: "Do you think smoking is cool? I think its gross and it'll make you ugly" to our next door neighbor one night.





James is also very loving and concerned about those around him: "Mom, Molly is crying. I think she's hungry. You should feed her cheetohs and I'll help her eat them."..."Mom, Molly wants to play with that Spiderman toy. But she doesn't know how to play with it so I'll show her how."




James loves to dress up as his favorite superheroes: Batman and Spiderman, and will one day save the world from evil. True story, he told me so himself. He loves to sing in singing time at church and we really enjoy his versions of the songs he's learning in Primary: "Jesus came to Judeah and it took him a long time and then flowed down the river in a Jordan."





But in all seriousness, he has been a very loving and happy person right from the start. He was the happiest baby (and a wonderful sleeper!) and cares a lot about those around him, especially Molly. He has such a curious nature and loves to learn about anything and everything. James is constantly asking questions (His favorite right now is "But why?") and wants to know the "real" answer. He is always on the go; he never stops for anything, except chocolate milk. James loves to read stories and always wants to help Steve with anything he is doing, he is definitely a daddy's boy. Steve and I have been so blessed to have James in our lives. We have definitely enjoyed having him in our family. Love you little dude!











3 comments:

Cyndi and Logan said...

Happy B-day James!! McCray loves Batman too! Maybe one day McCray and James will save the world together!! :)

KCJaques said...

Happy Birthday James!! Looks like it was a fun day.

Kimo said...

We were just talking about James today, and Sarah said, "He is my best boy friend." What a darling boy!