Friday, September 4, 2009

Musings...


It's coming on fall in Connecticut. I love fall time. It's my second favorite season (next to summer, of course). There is a different feeling in the air, a different crispness. The weather and the smells outside are changing. Why do the smell of concord grapes always remind me of fall? The days are becoming shorter and the air is cooler. And of course the hallmark signature of fall: the buying of school supplies and the starting of school. "If I knew your name and where you lived, I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils".

Steve started school on the 26th. Steve's determined to work hard this year and put together a great portfolio. It's his last year at this school, and then its on to our next adventure, wherever that may be: New York, Boston, or Philadelphia. Really we just want to go biking in Moab.


I went back to school on the 28th. I always have mixed feelings when school starts. On the one hand, I love the school environment and I love teaching. This is my 7th year teaching and overall its been very rewarding for me; yes, even at New London. On the other hand, when I'm at school my heart aches for my children. Even though they stay with a very loving lady in Waterford, get lots of attention, and are very happy there, I long to be with them. I keep telling myself that this too shall pass.


1 comment:

Q said...

Beautiful pictures of the leaves changing, my favorite season!