Saturday, August 8, 2009

Artist in Residence


Thus far, I've talked mostly about me with some great pictures of the kids. I'm really not that self centered (lol!). Since Steve is too modest to share his work with everyone, I have taken upon myself to pick out the paintings I like and share them. At the beginning of the summer, Steve made a goal to get a certain amount of portraits done by the time school started again. He has been working hard at nights (when he gets off work) to accomplish this goal. I originally had more posted but Steve found me before I could finish, so I had to take some off. He is going through his portraits right now and picking more out...the ones HE likes. Here's the two he let me post for now. The medium is oil.





These are two portraits he did in school last spring with egg tempura, sorry for the glare. He currently has a silverpoint drawing (a drawing done with real silver) in a show at the school...we think. It was never returned to him so we are assuming its still in the show. But you never know, it might have been stolen and sold on the black market in Egypt or something.

6 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

I LOVE the paintings of you sleeping. (At least I think they look a lot like you.)

Alli said...

YES! They are me! See, I told Steve people would recognize that they are me. I'm sleeping because that's the only time when I can hold still enough...and that's what I like to do at 11:00 at night when he has uninterupted time to paint.

Carrie Medford said...

The paintings are awesome! He sure has some amazing talent. And yes, I too could tell it was you in the two paintings. Did we ever tell him thanks for the cariacature of the bishop he did for us? It was awesome and the kids loved coloring it.

Kimo said...

So, I love that you are trying to do a post that is about Steve and not you, and two of the 5 paintings he lets you post are of you. But, seriously, the paintings are great!

Alli said...

Ha ha! So very true! Well, that's only because he has no one else to model for him. If any of you want a free portrait, just model for steve for an hour and its yours.

Jagged Rocks said...

I think the next time he isn't home you should post all the ones you like. He is really good, and I love some of his stuff.